Talks, workshops, resource packs
What is SelfCare Backpack?
"I know how to look after my physical health, but I don't know how to look after my mental health"
This sentence is one that sparked the start of self care backpack. It’s when I realised that not everyone had spent as much time thinking about and dealing with their mental health as I had. During my time living with anxiety and C-PTSD, I’ve learned a lot about self care and looking after my mental health, and I knew I could share my strategies with people. Maybe they’d find something useful. I started with a self care talk, which breaks down how I look at self care. I then started developing resources, starting with my Self Care Map, and then moving on. Finally, the SelfCare Backpack was born!
SelfCare Backpack is full of resources, talks, and workshops to help you on your self care journey. SelfCare Backpack is aimed at everyone, regardless of your mental health status. My aim is to help you fill your own metaphorical backpack with all the self care tools you need.
How can SelfCare Backpack help you?
- Help design and implement mental health strategies for your organisation or group
- Provide people with practical advice and exercises for understanding their own mental health
- Provide a framework for how to engage with and look after your mental health, using self care as the basis
- Encourage discussion between people about their mental health and self care in a safe space
What I offer:
- Talks (20min – 1hr, with Q&A)
- Workshops (1 – 4hrs, with breaks)
- Individual Self Care Coaching
- Printed and/or digital resources
Who are you?
Hi, I’m Gem.
During my time living with anxiety and C-PTSD, I’ve learned a lot about self care and looking after my mental health, and I knew I could share my strategies with people.
The SCB resources are based on ones I’ve used myself during my own journey, refined and improved over the past few years.
I started talking about my own experiences with anxiety and cPTSD in 2017, and since then, I’ve given multiple talks, and workshops.