Talks, workshops, resource packs
What is SelfCare Backpack?
"I know how to look after my physical health, but I don't know how to look after my mental health"
This question is one that sparked the start of self care backpack. During my time living with anxiety and C-PTSD, I’ve learned a lot about self care and looking after my mental health, and I knew I could share my strategies with people. Maybe they’d find something useful. I started with a self care talk, which breaks down how I look at self care. I then started developing resources, starting with my Self Care Map, and then moving on. Finally, the SelfCare Backpack was born!
How can SelfCare Backpack help you?
- Help design and implement mental health strategies for your organisation or group
- Provide people with practical advice and exercises for understanding their own mental health
- Provide a framework for how to engage with and look after your mental health, using self care as the basis
- Encourage discussion between people about their mental health and self care in a safe space
What I offer:
- Talks (20min – 1hr, with Q&A)
- Workshops (1 – 4hrs, with breaks)
- Printed and/or digital resources
Who are you?
Hi, I’m Gem.
During my time living with anxiety and C-PTSD, I’ve learned a lot about self care and looking after my mental health, and I knew I could share my strategies with people.
The SCB resources are based on ones I’ve used myself during my own journey, refined and improved over the past few years.
I started talking about my own experiences with anxiety and cPTSD in 2017, and since then, I’ve given multiple talks, and workshops.